Photo by Trista McGovern
The Start Point of the March for Science Minnesota was Cathedral Hill Park in St. Paul and started at 11:00 AM on Earth Day, April 22. Over 40,000 participants marched from the Start Point to the Minnesota State Capitol.
Speakers led the rally on capital grounds:
- Prof. Mark Seeley - UMN faculty member & climatologist
- Lindsey Burdick - Biological and physical sciences teacher, Park Center High School
- Alan Lifson, MD, MPH - UMN faculty member and public health physician focused on AIDS research
- Bobwealth Omontese, PhD - Agricultural and livestock field scientist
- Betty McCollum - Congresswoman for St Paul. Sponsor Save America’s Science Act To Safeguard Federal Scientific Data